A salami spice with a strong Russian flavour of pepper and garlic.
Instructions: use 65 g spice per Kg meat.
Ingredients: Salt, soy protein isolate protein, tapioca starch, phosphate, spices and spice extracts, flavourings (antioxidant alpha tocopherol), dextrose, antioxidant sodium erythorbate, vegetable oil (canola seed), flavour enhancer. Curing agent (packed separately): salt, curing agents. Preservatives (sodium nitrite).
Allergens: Celery, soy. May contain cow's milk, egg, mustard, wheat gluten.
|Lean meat (70:30)
Made in South Africa by Crown Foods.
How to make Russian/Cooked Salami using the bowlcutter
1. Pre-mince meat 70/30 through a 13 mm plate and chill.
2. Open Crown Batch Pack and remove curing salt component.
1. Cutter 3 mm minced meat with salt pack ±4 revolutions.
2. Add 1/2 of ice and cutter at high speed until good binding is achieved.
3. Add rest of Crown Batch Pack and once well mixed in, add rest of the ice and complete cuttering.
4. On slow speed add coarse minced meat and cutter to ±5 mm particle size.
5. For cooked salami add 2 g/Kg whole mustard seed and run on slow speed for 3 revolutions.
6. Fill into either 32/34 Gold Crown ® Hog Casing or Fibrous Salami Casings.
7. Dry at 55º C, hot smoke at 65º C until desired colour is achieved.
8. Cook at 75º C to internal core temperature of 72º C.
9. Chill product in iced water.